If any child has a complaint of malnutrition, then doctors do some other tests besides children’s physical examination for this. They can check the patient’s blood or urine for this test.
The following things are checked in blood or urine to check malnutrition –
- Electrolyte level- Some minerals are present in the body, such as potassium, calcium, and sodium, these are called electrolytes. If there is a serious imbalance in the body then it starts to travel, irregular heartbeat, muscle weakness, and other problems.
- Check the level of iron, sugar, protein, and fat.
- Checking of kidneys, liver, and thyroid gland.
- Check some hormone levels.
- Check the level of vitamins and minerals in the body present.