In this surgery that is going on for several hours, the surgeon removes the old heart from the patient and replaces the new heart with blood vessels. Also the heart is temporarily linked to mechanical wires which control its jolts.
There is also the possibility that somewhere the body does not accept new heart or may not be able to cope with it, but the doctor uses immunosuppressants, a highly effective medicine for this. This medicine is used only after the surgery, and it is continued until you are in normal condition.
Life after surgery
Once the heart transplant process, the health process runs just like the rest of the heart. After this surgery, you have to spend 1 to 2 weeks in the hospital and take care of the doctor and nurse. Apart from this, you may have to stay in the hospital for many more days depending on your own health and condition. You can start cardiac rehabilitation programs while still in hospital. After this, when the doctor will be rest assured that your body has accepted your heart and now it is becoming active with it, then the doctor will allow you to go home.
Cardiac rehabilitation is the process in which you move slowly towards normalization after surgery. However, your heart can behave differently towards your actions in the beginning. It may be that your heart’s vibrations will not grow like before and it may be that its pulsing level becomes much easier. This can happen because the nerves that first controlled your heart were cut during surgery.
Why is heart transplant or heart transplant necessary?
If a person’s heart is not able to work properly at all and the person has reached death, then there is no other way than the Heart Transplant. The transplant can also be done if the heart is suffering from a very serious illness and there is no hope of recovery.
Some situations where a heart transplant is necessary:
- If a person has reached the final stages of heart failure, ischemic heart disease, cardiomyopathy, congenital heart disease.
- If no person has the possibility of living without heart transplantation more than a year.
- There should not be any other problems that the person has had on his life.
- If the doctor has full faith that after his patient’s heart transplant, he can live a better life than before.
- In some centers, patients with heart transplantation are given strict instructions to avoid smoking and alcohol consumption 4 to 6 months prior to surgery.
- Decline someone else’s heart by body.
- Elsewhere heart needs to be examined by the decline has been no investigation of the tissues of the heart to continue the patient to the doctor for it (biopsy), echocardiography ((ECG, EKG) and blood. If the body, the heart in this situation can not accept the patient has to use regular medication Imunospressents or steroids (Immunosuppressants or steroids). but the risk of these drugs can be very severe Side effects include infection and cancer.
- Arterial stagnation i.e. Atherosclerosis, which can start from the heart of the donor. This is usually a complexity and if this complexity is seen in someone, then it can last for a very long time.
- The date and waiting list given to the heart transplant patient.
- The symptoms of cardiovascular malignancy and heart attack symptoms