Sleep apnea is a disease that has many risk factors, and this disease can also be controlled by the prevention and treatment of these risk factors. But it is necessary to treat it on time, because once it gets more than the extent of the disease it becomes difficult to treat.
Sleep apnea is treated in the following ways-
- By changing the lifestyle. Because weight loss is also one of the reasons for sleep apnea, due to this, those individuals benefit from losing weight.
- Constant positive air pressure (CPAP) or similar type of machine to help the person breathe.
- Oral breathing devices that can be used during sleep at night.
- Medicines that help the patient wake up in the day.
- Sleep apnea is also treated through surgery.
In addition, doctors recommend changes in lifestyle and constant positive airway pressure (CPAP). If this disease is in control with this treatment, then doctors recommend it to continue, and if it does not happen then doctors also recommend surgery. This kind of advice is given if there is a severe blockage in the pneumatic tube.
Positive airway pressure (Continuous positive airway pressure)
CPAP is used first for the treatment of sleep apnea. It is a type of pneumatic machine, which is used during sleeping. It provides relief from the problem of respiratory failure during sleep.
A lot of research has been done with CPAP, in which some things have come up,
- CPAP reduces sleep problem in the daytime. If a person sleeps in the day, then he can use CPAP at night.
- Through CPAP, day and night blood pressure can be reduced.